Monday, March 10, 2014

Girl Scout Cookies Help Daisy Save the Day





Check out this happy story from Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois Volunteer Yumi Hernandez-Hohm:

"We just got done selling cookies and I heard a loud screech.  This dog just avoided getting hit by a car!!! Sylvia and I worked at trying to get to the dog who would keep running back in the street! AHHH!! Finally, I went to my boxes of cookies and was trying to find a non-chocolate cookie (chocolate kills dogs). I yanked out a Do-Si-Do and threw the cookie at the dog. She stopped and ate the pieces of cookies while (Girl Scout Daisy) Sylvia and I got to her and rescued her! Luckily she had a tag with an address on it. Her name is Pearl! Sylvia was sooo happy to have helped save this dog. The owner bought two boxes of Thin Mints!"
 
Do you have a great Girl Scout Cookie story to share?  E-mail Communications & Marketing Manager Erin Johnson at  ejohnson@gsofsi.org.